1. Competition Rules.
All Tournament games will be conducted under National Basketball Association Rules, unless otherwise noted.
It is recommended, but not required, that teams have both a dark and light coloured jersey otherwise PFTM will provide bibs.
3. Home Team Designation.
In bracket play, the first team listed will be the home team. In pool and round robin play, the team listed first will be the home team. In case of uniform conflicts, the home team will wear the lighter colored jersey. The home team should use the bench to the right of the scorer’s table, as you face the floor. Each team’s basket for the pre-game warm-up will be the basket furthest from its bench.
4. Game Ball/Scorekeeper/Clock Operator.
PFTM shall provide the game ball and a qualified scorekeeper and clock operator.
5. Ball Specs.
All other divisions will use the regulation size ball (29.5”). Limited Practice balls will be provided.
6. Regulation Clock and Exceptions
- 7-minute halves x 2
- All overtime periods will be 2 minutes.
- Running Clock Rule
- Half-Time will be 2 minutes
7. Free Throws.
Teams will not shoot 1&1 free throws on the 7th, 8th, and 9th team fouls. Teams will shoot the double bonus beginning with the 10th team foul and all in the act of shooting fouls. This rule is adopted to allow use of the regulation clock, while keeping the games on schedule.
Each team will be allowed 2 thirty-second timeouts per game. One additional timeout will be allowed for each overtime period. Players are permitted to sit on the bench during a time out.
9. Tiebreaker for Pool and Round Robin Play:
Two Team Tie:
Winner of game between two teams tied awarded higher place, with losing team awarded next place.
Three or more teams tied:
Step 1: Head to head record for tied teams, with placing/seeding based upon the head to head record.
Step 2: If head to head records are the same for 3 or more teams, the Point Differential Rule is used (each team given a point differential for each game played, with a maximum +15 or –15 differential for any one game).
In the event of a forfeit, the team forfeiting shall be given -15 points and the team receiving the forfeit will be given +15 points. In the event of a double forfeit, each team is given a loss with a point differential of 0.
Places awarded based upon highest Point Differential.
Point Differential used for all pool or round robin games.
If two teams have the same point differential, winner of the head to head game between the teams is awarded the higher place.
- If 3 or more teams remain tied, higher place is awarded based upon Point Differential for games between the tied teams only. If two teams then have the same point differential, winner of the head to head game between the teams is awarded the higher place.
- If 3 or more teams remain tied, higher place is awarded based upon the lowest defensive points allowed for all games. If two teams then have the same point differential, winner of the head to head game between the teams is awarded the higher place.
- If 3 or more teams remain tied, higher place is awarded based upon the lowest defensive points allowed for games between the tied teams only. If two teams then have the same point differential, winner of the head to head game between the teams is awarded the higher place.
10. Behavior Standards.
Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Each coach is responsible for the conduct of the team’s players, coaches and fans on and off the court and must promote the best sportsmanship, win or lose ALL REMEMBERING THE CAUSE OR MEMORY THIS IS FOR.
The Site Director or any game official may remove a player, coach, or attendee from a game, tournament, or venue for inappropriate behaviour. PrimeTime Sports may take any such other corrective action it deems appropriate to assure proper sportsmanship, the safety and well-being of all participants, and the integrity and standards of the event.
11. Application of Rules.
The Tournament Rules may be modified whenever PFTM deems it to be in the best interests of the tournament to do so and all teams, coaches, players, and attendees will be bound by any such change.